16 Things I Learned on Vacation...
1. Waiting to try to make it up Clingman's Dome to photograph the sunset until twenty minutes or so before is a bad idea....especially if you're out of shape.
2. Hiking in the heat of the day in 90+ degree weather plus ridiculous humidity, not a great idea...especially if you're out of shape.
3. I'm out of shape...but not as much as I was when I started vacation. :)
4. No matter how much you plan on catching up on some reading, you never get quite the amount done that you really wanted.
5. Having a cabin outside of cell phone coverage is a blessing...
6. 90+ degree weather and a hot tub....it still works.
7. Ratty A/C in the cabin, a bit annoying.
8. I am most assuredly not a morning person. As much as I planned on getting up at 6 am at the latest every morning to go out and shoot landscapes...it happened one day.
9. Sometimes no matter how much talent you have, or how you've perfected your craft, if you stay in your bubble, you're just going to be a blip on the radar of this thing called life.
10. I don't want to be a blip, I want to be an earthquake and shake things up a bit.
11. I have awesome friends that will come and hang out, even when they are bruised and burnt. :)
12. I wish I'd had more time to grill.
13. Elk love to eat dead leaves...
14. I'm not a fan of trying to take photos while my glasses keep fogging up due to humidity.
15. People don't like to email your assistant to get answers rather than continuing to ask you questions via Facebook when you tell them to email because you're out of town.
16. Sometimes you need to slow down and enjoy life and family a bit more.